story about going fly fishing


So two summers ago I went out to Montana and Wyoming. We went to go to Yellowstone to fly fish. it was awesome. We started out by getting to our cabin in Gardiner, Montana. The store we went to was Parker's Fly Shop. Its a nice little fishing store. So the next day we went to work fishing. we went to the Gibbon river, Gardiner river, and the Yellowstone river. It was an awesome experience. there was a few bears we saw as well. the first day I went I caught 3 rainbow trout. It was so cool because of how clear the water was. If the river was 50ft wide you could see the bottom at least 3/4 of the way. It was awesome see the school of trout swimming towards the fly. You could see them swim next to it and take it. The second day of fishing we went to Yellowstone lake. It was awesome with the mountains off to one side of the lake. I started to fish and I caught a Brook trout and a Cutthroat trout. the where a lot bigger than the Rainbow trout. It was an awesome experience and I recommend going out there to fish.


Here is Yellowstone lake
Image result for yellowstone lake

Here is a rainbow trout

Image result for rainbow trout


Here is a Brook trout

Image result for brook trout

And here is a Cutthroat trout
Image result for cutthroat trout


Comments

  1. I've never been fly fishing before, but it sounds very interesting and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading this I feel like it would be something cool to try.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment